Brazil Independence Day
- On September 7th, 1822 Brazil Declared their Independence from Portugal.
- Joined the United Nations during its Formation on October 24th, 1945.
- Capital City is Brasilia while the Largest City is Sao Paulo with a Population of 13,106,920 making it the 6th Largest City in the World.
- Current President Michel Temer
- Current Government is Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic
- Total Population is 210,147,125 making it the 5th Largest Country in the World.
- Currency is the Real
- Official Language is Portuguese
- 65% of the Country is Roman Catholic, 22% is Protestantism, while 8% indentify as non-religious
- Famous Brazilians include Footballers Ronaldo and Pele, Actor Alfred Molina, and Models Adriana Lima and Gisele Bundchen.
Happy Independence Day to Brazil!
Also, be sure to check out all of our Brazil Flags to really show that national pride.