Chile Independence Day
- On September 18th, 1810 Chile had it’s first Government Junta which was its earliest steps toward Independence from Spain
- Joined the UN at its Formation on October 24th, 1945
- Member of the UN Economic and Social Council
- Capital City and Largest City is Santiago with a Population of 6,310,000 about the size of Missouri
- Current President Sebastian Piñera
- Current Government is Unitary Presidential Constitutional Republic
- Total Population is 17,574,003 which is a little smaller than the State of New York
- Currency is the Peso
- Official Language is Spanish
- 55% of Chile identifies as Roman Catholic, 13% Identify as Evangelical, 7% indentify as Other, while 25% report as Agnostic or Atheist
Happy Independence Day Chile!
Also, be sure to check out all our Chile Flags to show great national pride.