Cote d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast) Independence Day
- The Ivory Coast gained its Independence from France on August 7th, 1960
- Joined the United Nations on September 20th, 1960 a few months after gaining their Independence
- They have two Capital Cities Yamoussoukro is the Political Capital while Abidjan is the Economic Capital.
- Abidjan is the Largest City and also the 4th Largest in all of Africa with a Population of 4,707,404 which about the same as the entire population of the state of Louisiana
- Current President is Alassane Ouattara
- Current Prime Minster is Amadou Gon Coulibaly
- Population is 23,740,424 is slightly larger than the total Population of Florida
- Current Government is Unitary Presidential Republic under a Parliamentary System
- Currency is the West African CFA Franc
- Official Language is French
Happy Independence Day to Cote d’Ivoire!
Be sure to check out our Handheld Cote d’Ivoire Flags.