Macedonia Independence Day
- On September 8th, 1991 Macedonia Declared its Independence from Former Yugoslavia
- Allowed to Join the UN on April 8th, 1993 under the name The Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Capital City and Largest City is Skopje with a population of 544,086 about the size of Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Current President is Gjorge Ivanov and the Current Prime Minister is Zoran Zaev
- Current Government is Parliamentary Republic
- Total Population is 2,103,721 which is a little smaller than Houston, Texas
- Currency is Macedonian Denar
- Official Language is Macedonian
- Official Regional Languages include Albanian, Turkish, Romani, and Serbian
- 65% of the country indentifies as Eastern Orthodoxy, while the other 33% follow Islam
Happy Independence Day to Macedonia!
Also, be sure to check out all our Macedonia Flags to really show your national pride.