Nigeria Independence Day
- On October 1st, 1960 Nigeria Gained its Independence from The United Kingdom.
- Joined the United Nations on October 7th, 1960 just 6 Days after Gaining their Independence.
- Capital City is Abuja.
- Largest City is Lagos with a Population of about 21 million people making it the 7th largest City in the World.
- Current President is Muhammadu Buhari
- Current Government is a Federal Presidential Republic.
- Total Population is 190,886,311 People making it the 7th Largest Country in the World.
- Currency is the Naira which currently has an exchange rate of 363.50 Naira to 1 US Dollar.
- Official Language is English
- Other Major Languages include Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba with over 20 more languages spoken throughout the country.
- Religion in Nigeria is pretty evenly split between Christianity and Islam. With 52% Identifying as some kind of Christian, including Protestant and Roman Catholic, while the other 48% Identify as Muslim.
Happy Independence Day Nigeria!
Also, be sure to check out all our Nigerian Flags to help show your national pride.