Saint Kitts and Nevis Independence Day
- On September 19th, 1983 Saint Kitts and Nevis Gained its Independence from the United Kingdom
- Joined the UN just a few days after it Gained Independence on September 23rd, 1983.
- Capital City and Largest City is Basseterre with a Population of just 13,000
- Current Prime Minister is Timothy Harris
- Current Governor-General is Sir S.W. Tapley Seaton
- Total Population is only 54,821 which is the size of the Student Population at Texas A&M
- Current Government is Federal Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy
- Still Recognizes Elizabeth II as their Monarch
- Currency is the East Caribbean Dollar
- Official Language is English
- Vernacular Language is Saint Kitts Creole
- Most of population is some kind of Christian including Anglican, Methodist, Pentecostal, Chruch of God, Roman Catholic, Baptist, and Seventh-day Adventist.
Happy Independence Day to Saint Kitts and Nevis!
Also, be sure to check out all our Saint Kitts and Nevis Flags to help show national pride.