Tajikistan Independence Day
- On September 9th, 1991 Tajikistan Gained its Independence from The Former Soviet Union
- Joined the UN about Six Months Later on March 2nd, 1992
- Capital City and Largest City is Dushanbe with a Population of 778,500 which is a little Larger than Seattle, Washington
- Current President Emomali Rahmon
- Current Prime Minister Kokhir Rasulzoda
- Total Population is 8,734,951 which is about the same size as New York City.
- Current Government is Unitary Dominant-Party Presidential Constitutional Republic
- Currency is the Somoni
- Official Language is Tajik
- Tajikistan is 96% Sunni Islam with just 2.5% Orthodox Christianity
Happy Independence Day to Tajikistan!
Also, be sure to check out all our Tajikistan Flags to show great national pride.