Ukraine Unification Day
- On January 22nd, 1919 Ukraine was formed from the Unification of the Ukrainian People’s Republic and the West Ukrainian People’s Republic
- Joined the United Nations during its Formation on October 24th, 1945.
- Capital City and Largest City is Kiev with a Population of 3,375,000 making larger than Chicago, but smaller than Los Angeles.
- Current President is Petro Poroshenko
- Current Prime Minister is Volodymyr Groysman
- Government is a Unitary Semi-Presidential Constitutional Republic
- Total Population is 42,418,235 making it the 32nd Largest Country in the World.
- Currency is the Ukrainian hryvnia which has an exchange rate of 27.82 hryvnia to 1 USD.
- Official Language is Ukrainian.
- 65% of the Country is Orthodox, 16% Non-believers, while 7% is Christian and 6.5% is Greek Catholic.
Happy Unification Day Ukraine!
Also, be sure to check out all our Ukraine flags to show your national pride.